Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Equalities & Additional Intervention
We believe that all children should be equally valued at Venturters' Academy. We will strive to eliminate prejudice and discrimination, and to develop an environment where all children can flourish and feel safe. We have a rage of agreed policies.
Venturers' Academy is committed to inclusion and part of the Academy’s improvement planning involves developing cultures, policies and practices that include all learners. We aim to engender a sense of community and belonging, and to offer new opportunities to learners who may have experienced previous difficulties. This does not mean that we will treat all learners in the same way, but that we will respond to learners in ways that take in to account their varied life experiences and needs.
We believe that educational inclusion is about equal opportunities for all learners, whatever their age, gender, demographic group, ethnicity, additional need, attainment and background. We pay particular attention to the provision for and the achievement of different groups of learners:
- Students from families that are financially disadvantaged (PP - Pupil Premium)
- Students who arrive with below nationally expected ability in any area (LAPs)
- Boys or Girls
- Students from minority faiths, ethnicities, travellers, asylum seekers, refugees
- Students who have English as an additional language (EAL)
- Students who are More Able
- Students who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual or Transgender (LGBT)
- Students who are Looked After (CLA)
- Young carers, sick children, children from families under stress
Venturers’ Academy Equality Statement
As a public body, we ensure we comply with the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010 and the Equality Act 2010 (Specific Duties) Regulations 2011. The Equality Act 2010 requires us to publish information that demonstrates that we have due regard for the need to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
At Venturers’ Academy we:
- Ensure that everyone is treated fairly and respectfully
- Make sure that our school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- Recognise that people have different needs and we understand that treating people equally does not always involve treating them the same
- Make sure that no-one experiences less favourable treatment or discrimination because of:
- Their age
- A disability
- Their ethnicity, colour or national origin
- Their gender
- Their gender identity (they have reassigned or plan to reassign their gender)
- Their marital or civil partnership status
- Their being pregnant or having recently had a baby
- Their religion or belief
- Their sexual identity and orientation.
We recognise that some students need extra support to help them to achieve and be successful
We make sure that people from different groups are consulted and are involved in our decisions, especially students, parents and those of us who can be treated less favourably.
We welcome our duties
- To promote community cohesion (under the Education and Inspections Act 2006)
- To eliminate discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations (under the Equality Act 2010)
We also welcome the emphasis of Ofsted inspections on the importance of accelerating the progress of students from groups who are underachieving. As part of this we will:
- Outline how we have due regard for equality and how we promote community cohesion
- Publish Venturers Trust Equality Policy and associated Policies
- Publish equality objectives to show how we plan to tackle particular inequalities and improve what we do
Click on the below links to read or download the documents:
Equalities & Additional Intervention
VA - Health and Wellbeing of students policy 03/09/2018 Mental Health and Emotional Well-being policy - 2020 10/09/2020 Intimate care policy - 2021 01/09/2021