Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Venturers' Academy is committed to the vital contribution all Governors, teaching and non teaching staff make to safeguarding and the protection and welfare of children and young people. We aim to ensure that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
A copy of the Academy's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be downloaded from this page.
A copy of the Academy's e-Safety Policy can be downloaded from this page.
Venturers' Academy Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Robert Holbeche
Deputy DSL: Dan Bartlett (Pastoral Manager) - Hareclive Road
Deputy DSL: Tom Hillman (Pastoral Manager) - Hareclive Road
Deputy DSL: Ellie Desousa (Pastoral Manager) - Hareclive Road
Deputy DSL: Lucy Avery (Pastoral Manager) - Hareclive Road
Deputy DSL: Kira Burnell (Pastoral Manager) - Withywood Road
Deputy DSL: Aimee Radnedge (Pastoral Manager) - Withywood Road
Deputy DSL: Jazuela Wall (Pastoral Manager) - Withywood Road
Deputy DSL: Tommy Callinan - St Anne's Park site
Deputy DSL: Rebecca Farr (Pastoral Manager) - St Anne's Park
Designated Safeguarding Governor: Tom Vodden
- How well pupils are taught to keep themselves safe
- How well the school protects pupils from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
- The effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures
- The effectiveness of arrangements to provide a safe environment and secure school site
- How well the school meets the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- How appropriately child welfare and child protection concerns are identified and responded to by the school
- How effectively the school works with key agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- The extent to which the school ensures that adults working with children are appropriately recruited and vetted, and receive appropriate training, guidance, support and supervision to undertake the effective safeguarding of pupils.
Our culture of vigilance
At Venturers' Academy we:
· Believe safeguarding and protecting children is everyone’s responsibility
· Identify signs of concerns immediately
· Train all our staff to the highest level
· Keep all staff updated with new guidance and policies
· Monitor attendance thoroughly
· Have rigorous monitoring of vulnerable children
· Communicate regularly with external agencies
· Listen to our children
· Care for each other
· Have an open culture
· Support children and their families
· Teach our children to keep safe at all times
Useful Links and Resources
Advice and support
Sex and relationships
Although the Academy teaches students e-Safety as part of the curriculum, it is vital that parents/carers are aware of the risks too and what you can do to develop a culture of e-Safety in the home. There are some helpful resources for parents/carers below, which we encourage you to read in order to help your child stay safe online.
Click on the below links to read or download the documents:
Lone Working policy - Sept 2020 27/09/2020 VA Safe Touch policy - September 2018 05/11/2018 E-safety policy - procedures reviewed 2019 20/11/2019 Missing students procedures - 2020 09/09/2020 Addendum 1b - January 2021 04/01/2021 Preventing Extremism and radicalisation policy - May 2021 13/05/2021 VA Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation - May 2021 28/05/2021 KCSIE - 2021 September guidance 08/09/2021 VA Anti bullying policy - December 2021 15/12/2021 Safeguarding and Child Protection policy - 2022 10/06/2022