Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Venturers' Academy is committed to the vital contribution all Governors, teaching and non teaching staff make to safeguarding and the protection and welfare of children and young people. We aim to ensure that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
A copy of the Academy's Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be downloaded from this page.
A copy of the Academy's e-Safety Policy can be downloaded from this page.
Venturers' Academy Safeguarding Team
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) - Steven Hobden
Deputy DSL: Trystan Williams (Principal)
Deputy DSL: Denise Sollis (PA / Admin Manager)
Deputy DSL: Martin Cobner (Pastoral Manager)
Deputy DSL: Dan Bartlett (Pastoral Manager
Deputy DSL: Megan Harris (Pastoral Manager
Deputy DSL: Nia Houlding (Pastoral Manager)
Designated Safeguarding Governor: Suzi McArthur
- How well pupils are taught to keep themselves safe
- How well the school protects pupils from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
- The effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures
- The effectiveness of arrangements to provide a safe environment and secure school site
- How well the school meets the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- How appropriately child welfare and child protection concerns are identified and responded to by the school
- How effectively the school works with key agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- The extent to which the school ensures that adults working with children are appropriately recruited and vetted, and receive appropriate training, guidance, support and supervision to undertake the effective safeguarding of pupils.
Our culture of vigilance
At Venturers' Academy we:
· Believe safeguarding and protecting children is everyone’s responsibility
· Identify signs of concerns immediately
· Train all our staff to the highest level
· Keep all staff updated with new guidance and policies
· Monitor attendance thoroughly
· Have rigorous monitoring of vulnerable children
· Communicate regularly with external agencies
· Listen to our children
· Care for each other
· Have an open culture
· Support children and their families
· Teach our children to keep safe at all times
Useful Links and Resources
Advice and support
Sex and relationships
Although the Academy teaches students e-Safety as part of the curriculum, it is vital that parents/carers are aware of the risks too and what you can do to develop a culture of e-Safety in the home. There are some helpful resources for parents/carers below, which we encourage you to read in order to help your child stay safe online.
Click on the below links to read or download the documents:
DfE - Keeping children Safe in Education - September 2018 03/09/2018 VA E-Safety policy / procedures - Sept 2018 05/11/2018 VA Safe Touch policy - September 2018 05/11/2018 VA Preventing Extremism and Radicalisation policy - Sept 2018 05/11/2018 VA Lone Working policy - Sept 2018 05/11/2018 VA Missing students procedures - Sept 2018 05/11/2018 VA PREVENT DUTY risk assessment Action Plan 2017-2018 05/11/2018 VA PREVENT DUTY risk assessment Action Plan 2018-2019 05/11/2018 VA Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy 2019 11/09/2019 Safeguarding Addendum - updated June 2020 02/06/2020